PDX Downhill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

Tri-City Outlaw

+4
Hovey
Wilder
billy_the_kid
Leviathan
8 posters

Go down

Tri-City Outlaw Empty Tri-City Outlaw

Post  Leviathan Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:44 am

Leviathan
Leviathan

Back to top Go down

Tri-City Outlaw Empty Re: Tri-City Outlaw

Post  Leviathan Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:46 am

I'm seriously tempted to head out there on Friday, skate Irrigon for the afternoon/evening, find a place to stay and hit up the race before Billy's Burnside Bomb the next morning. Is anyone else interested in going?
Leviathan
Leviathan

Back to top Go down

Post  billy_the_kid Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:27 am

oo00oo. i know that shane, dennis and tad are going out the the tri cities outlaw then they are coming to portland. now i'm really tempted to go.

billy_the_kid

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:38 am

Irrigon too, come on! And we could totally win some shit! And then there's that super secret hill with lots of curves on the way back...
Leviathan
Leviathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilder Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:16 pm

Irrigon? Whats this?
Wilder
Wilder

http://www.northwestlongboarding.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:03 pm

Leviathan
Leviathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Hovey Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:59 pm

damn...
Hovey
Hovey

http://www.erichovey.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilder Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:05 am

Ohs sick! I've seen pics but didn't know what it was called. I'd be down for that, looks pretty gnar though.
Wilder
Wilder

http://www.northwestlongboarding.com

Back to top Go down

Post  D-railed Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:07 am

i know i dont know any of you guys but if there is a group going to both the tri-cities and the Burnside bomb that weekend i would love to tag along and chip in on the ruthless gas bill. if not i guess i will see you on Burnside then.

D-railed

Back to top Go down

Post  Revolutionist Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:32 pm

I am interested in going also. Is anyone already planning on driving. I might be able to drive if we need another vehicle for everyone to get there.
Revolutionist
Revolutionist

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:24 am

For downhill + park riding + camping I can only fit 2 other people, Billy and JP got dibs and I know we all can dig the park/hill assault together, but I know I've heard other people from Portland are wanting to go, hopefully everyone that wants to can find a way out. I am definitely planning on going out on Friday and hitting up Irrigon so if either of you can't do that then I can fit another person.
Leviathan
Leviathan

Back to top Go down

Tri-City Outlaw Empty lodging

Post  bluewoodboarder Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:35 pm

Hey Everyone,

Great to see people are coming to my race all the way from portland. If you guys come friday night, there are a few options for lodging. I can probably let some people camp or sleep at my house, just no booze or drugs. And also there is a campground just down the road for $20 a night. I could even go reserve or pick out a spot for you guys to make sure you get one. The Snake river goes right by the campground and I may have my boat out there for wakesurfing and wakeboarding that afternoon also. Email me at bluewoodboarder@gmail.com if you need anything else! Hope to see you on race day.

Noah

bluewoodboarder

Back to top Go down

Post  gnaRSORE Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:00 am

definitely hitting this one up with a few beaverton skaters, got 1 seat open in my car if anyone from the area wants it. pm me
gnaRSORE
gnaRSORE

Back to top Go down

Post  bluewoodboarder Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:29 pm

The race went off awesome! Thanks to everyone in our awesome community. We had 18 racers from all over the northwest. I believe the furtherst away were Shane, and Tad from the Seattle area. I think everyone was having fun as each hill was very different from the last. Thanks to all our spotters we pulled off a safe race on some streets that were slightly busy. Everyone braved over 100 degree weather!

I believe our winner was Ryan, (sorry i don't have last name or their hometown handy). He recieved almost $250 I think. He also got to choose his prize out of the prize pile. Making a fairly obvious choice he picked up a beautiful Retro Fish donated by Longboard Larry.

The second place winner taking home $171 dollars cash was Jon Huey. He also choose some donated Earthwing Superballs.

Third place and fourth place were somewhat of a suprise. The 2 lead riders took a wrong turn in the qualifying heat and so they forfeited their chances Bringing up the rear in that heat and knowing the course like the back of their hand were 2 local riders that ride with me all the time Zac and David.

Deeno and Tad would of probably placed except the heat took deeno out and a hairpin corner took out tad in the heat before the finals.

For third place Zac took home about $70 and chose come Lemon BigZigs donated by stokedskateboards.com

Our 4th place man, David, got some extra chances to win in the raffle.

We raffled off all sorts of other prizes and it was a great time.

PICTURES????
I made a Flickr account specifically for the Tri-City Outlaw. Go to http://www.flickr.com with the username "tricitycoutlaw" and password "longboard"

VIDEO???
I'll post a link to the news footage when it gets uploaded. Last night short clips aired at 6 and 11. He said he'd put together a longer story in a few days. Also like someone said before he's making us a DVD too. If anyone has footage lets see some links!

Crashes:
The day went on without any serious injury. Mitch went down at the first hill and scraped himself up a bit. Unfortunately he wasn't able to race for the rest of the day but after cooling off in an airconditioned truck he took some pictures that I can't wait to see. He also was our points lead with 1,000,000 "Awesome" points, just because.... We had some other minor crashes but nothing serious.

Who had black leathers and crashed on that first lefty at the Summit Westcliff hill (2nd hill). Goofy rider kinda difted out at the end of the turned then caught their wheels and tumbled. You were one the news at both 6 and 9

Overall we had a great time, and I had fun meeting everyone. I'm sorry for the one person who got a ticket driving to the first hill. I was only doing a few miles over the speedlimit when I passed the cop. There's no way I could have controlled how fast the people in front of you was going and I can understand why you'd try to keep up. Next time I'll try to get everyone my number and maybe keep the caravan of cars a little more together, that way I could be the lead car and keep the pack from exceeding the speed limit.

Thanks again to our awesome sponsors who donated probably over $200 worth of gear. Off the top of my head Stoked Skateboard donated, a factory 2nd flex one vangaurd (congrats on winning that in the raffle roman), lemon bigzigs, randal 180s, biltin (somehow i forgot these and they're still sitting downstairs ), stickers, and shirts. Longboard Larry donated that beautiful Retro Fish, which I believe everyone would have choosen over any Loaded board. It was just beautiful. Thanks Eastside for those hats! and thanks for the earthwing wheels anonymos donar!

Thanks again

Noah Clarke

And sorry for my upcoming double post....

bluewoodboarder

Back to top Go down

Tri-City Outlaw Empty Laptop

Post  bluewoodboarder Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:30 pm

Edit: Disregard this message my mom claimed she searched my sisters car....she didn't look in the back....oh well, I have my laptop. sorry for the false alarm....

Last edited by bluewoodboarder on Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:28 am; edited 2 times in total

bluewoodboarder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down