PDX Downhill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

RIP CITY SKATE Grand Opening!!!!!!!!!

+12
Jay
Buffalo Dave
John B
Fletchinator
Leviathan
gnaRSORE
Mr. Tadashi
TheEskimoMan891
chopShuey
Anti-Trend
boarder's mom
Revolutionist
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RIP CITY SKATE Grand Opening!!!!!!!!! Empty RIP CITY SKATE Grand Opening!!!!!!!!!

Post  Revolutionist Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:59 pm

Due to the overwhelming growth of The Board Room at The Mountain Shop I have decided to move the Skate Shop to its own location at 1510 NE 37th on the corner of 37th and Sandy in the "Budweiser Building." This will be Rip City Skate. The new storefront will feature over 1000 sq ft. of pure skateboarding! Rip City will offer a massive selection of boards from Subsonic, Long Board Larry, Eastside, Rayne, Sayshun, MandM, Arbor, Gravity, and Madrid. RCS's focus will be on the downhill end of skateboarding, but we will carry a selection from all ends of the skateboard world. Exciting new additions to the shop will include precision trucks from Kahalani, Monkey, and Bear, ultralight speed boards from LBL, Sayshun, and Rayne, and we will be working towards building a demo fleet of boards, so that you can ride before you buy! It has been quite process to get the shop to this point and I promise this is only the beginning. I now get to spend 100% of my time improving the skate shop, so you can expect to see even more growth before the summer is up. This could not have been possible without the support of all the kickass riders here in Portland, and I want to thank you all for that. It is important that you all have input in the growth of Rip City Skate, so if there is anything you can't find at the shop that you feel is worth buying let me know, and I will do everything I can to bring it into the shop.
For those in need of skate gear now, and have been turned away from The Mountain Shop this past week, please stay calm. Rip City will be opening its doors on Friday May 1st. For those needing gear sooner than that give me a call on my cell: 503.545.5833 and we can work something out. For everyone else:
Friday May 8th will be the grand opening of Rip City Skate!!
Starting at 7pm Rip City will have live music while running videos compiled by Billy and Casey.
Free food a and beverage will be available.
To culminate the evening at 8pm we will run a screening of Colabo's new video "The Fellowship of The Bearing."
Bring you friends, enemies, girlfriend, boyfriend, mom, dad, brother, sister, dog, and anyone who says you are crazy for bombing hills to the grand opening of
Rip City Skate
1510 NE 37th Ave
Portland, OR 97232
Revolutionist
Revolutionist

Back to top Go down

RIP CITY SKATE Grand Opening!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: RIP CITY SKATE Grand Opening!!!!!!!!!

Post  boarder's mom Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:37 am

Sweeeet - we'll plan on being there. And congradulations Jp!

boarder's mom

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=668712960&ref=profile#/ho

Back to top Go down

RIP CITY SKATE Grand Opening!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: RIP CITY SKATE Grand Opening!!!!!!!!!

Post  Anti-Trend Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:57 pm

I'll be there!
Anti-Trend
Anti-Trend

Back to top Go down

Post  chopShuey Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:31 pm

ill buy some pink big zigs in a few weeks if you have any

chopShuey

Back to top Go down

Post  Revolutionist Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:05 am

Oh I've got plenty of pinks.
Revolutionist
Revolutionist

Back to top Go down

Post  TheEskimoMan891 Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:23 am

hell yeah JP!!!
TheEskimoMan891
TheEskimoMan891

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Tadashi Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:48 am

I will most definetly be there.
Mr. Tadashi
Mr. Tadashi

Back to top Go down

Post  gnaRSORE Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:02 am

I'll be there.
I will also be square.
me^2
gnaRSORE
gnaRSORE

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:39 am

My return flight got fucked up from DITCHSLAP, but I'm going to try really hard to find a way back before the opening. If I don't make it back in time, Brenda is the only person I know in possession of a DVD with my skateboarding videos on it. I don't remember how old it is, how I burned it to DVD (since I can't even find any DVD burning software on my computer right now?), or if it even works, but if worst comes to worst, tell her to bring it. You can also download videos from Vimeo, and they are in better quality than it shows, then you can burn those to DVD yourself.
Leviathan
Leviathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Fletchinator Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:13 pm

dude way to go jp. plan on me being there!
Fletchinator
Fletchinator

Back to top Go down

Post  John B Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:42 am

Ill be there!! ive been wanting to see this video! and Congratulations JP on opening the new shop!!!
John B
John B

Back to top Go down

Post  Buffalo Dave Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:42 pm

I reposted this on the zooblog. But one question remains:

keg?
Buffalo Dave
Buffalo Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Revolutionist Fri May 01, 2009 3:32 pm

yes, but only a pony. Thanks for spreading the word Dave.
Revolutionist
Revolutionist

Back to top Go down

Post  boarder's mom Sat May 02, 2009 12:42 am

I have that big table I brought to the last switchback race I can bring it you could use it... Did you want to make our big announcement that night as well?

boarder's mom

Back to top Go down

Post  gnaRSORE Sun May 03, 2009 5:22 am

boarder's mom wrote:Did you want to make our big announcement that night as well?

you are pregnant with jp's child? uh-oh.......
gnaRSORE
gnaRSORE

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Sun May 03, 2009 1:30 pm

SNAP!

Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  Hovey Sun May 03, 2009 3:48 pm

ha ha ha....ryan ftw!
Hovey
Hovey

http://www.erichovey.com

Back to top Go down

Post  boarder's mom Sun May 03, 2009 3:51 pm

Better his than yours Ryan, and no.

boarder's mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Hueyphoto Mon May 04, 2009 4:02 am

oh double snap back to you Ryan.

Can't wait for this, it will be rad
Hueyphoto
Hueyphoto

Back to top Go down

Post  Revolutionist Mon May 04, 2009 8:09 pm

sounds good to me Judy, I'll talk to billy about it
Revolutionist
Revolutionist

Back to top Go down

Post  WARCHILD Wed May 06, 2009 8:02 pm

Fuck yah! Congrats JP, that rocks!

I have a question. I'm leading the Midnight Mystery Ride later that night and am looking for a meetup spot. Basically this involves ~50 bikers congregating between 11-11:59pm and then riding off into the darkness. Is this opening going to be bumpin that late or are you trying to hustle people out the door after the screening? Either way, I'll be there, cheers!

Gabriel
gabrielamadeus@gmail.com | 503-381-4456

WARCHILD

Back to top Go down

Post  Ugly-J Wed May 06, 2009 8:50 pm

I actually made a skateboard out of imaginary wood for this event....so I'll see you guys there....do you guys have any imaginary 10mm spacers?? bounce
Ugly-J
Ugly-J

http://www.motionboardshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Thu May 07, 2009 7:54 am

I've been going through random old raw footage for the last 14 hours and it turns out I have a lot of cool stuff I haven't found a home yet for. I've got 37 minutes of (mostly) unseen video for the grand opening, so far. I still have to go through a lot of DITCHSLAP clips. 4 hours worth of of them... I'm not doing anything fancy, there is no sound since live music will be playing over it, but there is some good stuff. I'm shooting for not over 45 minutes of video, because Jon and Billy have 15 minutes of their own... I'm stoked for this whole weekend!
Leviathan
Leviathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Thu May 07, 2009 5:23 pm

C'mon, Friday!

Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  Hovey Thu May 07, 2009 6:10 pm

Damn Casey...can't wait to see all kinds of footage...this weekend is gonna be rad! I talked to Ryan and David (Mitchell) and I think we're gonna try and have a freeride sesh out in Beaverton by Weir at Murrayhill Park after the Rocky Butte Race and lunch. Should be plenty of out of town riders too. cheers
Hovey
Hovey

http://www.erichovey.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next