PDX Downhill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

Freestyle Longboard Competition in Salem!

3 posters

Go down

Freestyle Longboard Competition in Salem! Empty Freestyle Longboard Competition in Salem!

Post  ChuckB Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:49 pm

Freestyle Longboard Competition in Salem!

Entry: 5 Dollars

Time: warm-ups start at 10am

Date: Saturday June 20th 2009

Events:

Downhill Freestyle

Flat ground Freestyle

Hippie Jump (high jump)

Best Trick

Format: Each Competitor will get three judged runs for Downhill Freestyle keeping the best score. Competitors will get three two minute runs for flat ground freestyle keeping the best score. They will also get three attempts on a single trick which you must call before hand for best trick. We will have a PVC frame and bar that has adjustable heights for the hippie jump competition.

This should be a really fun event and I am super stoked to be hosting it. I need some feed back though. I should change the format? And should I divide the contest into skill divisions like beginner, intermediate, and advanced so as not to exclude people who don’t have a huge bag of tricks. Also would people want to do a BBQ at the park for lunch if we raised the entry fee to 10 dollars. I live close to the park and could bring my gas BBQ and provide the food.

Judges: I need three people to volunteer to be judges the only requirements is you know a fair amount about the technicality and difficulty of trick….oh and unbiased. If anyone is interested please contact me at dickburnspi2@hotmail.com

Sponsors: If any board builders or skate shops would like to help sponsor prizes and schwag please contact me at dickburnspi2@hotmail.com

ps

poster of event coming soon
ChuckB
ChuckB

Back to top Go down

Freestyle Longboard Competition in Salem! Empty Re: Freestyle Longboard Competition in Salem!

Post  Leviathan Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:52 pm

That sounds awesome. I already predict Jon Huey wins.
Leviathan
Leviathan

Back to top Go down

Freestyle Longboard Competition in Salem! Empty hey

Post  DArkwingduck Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:51 am

Sounds great. If you need any help seting up the event let me know i would love to help.

Ur stoopod mys dH seter op is da rockzors

TAKE THAT SILVER CLITS!
DArkwingduck
DArkwingduck

Back to top Go down

Freestyle Longboard Competition in Salem! Empty Re: Freestyle Longboard Competition in Salem!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down