PDX Downhill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

Longboard Larry Longboard Clinic and Slalom Race

2 posters

Go down

Longboard Larry Longboard Clinic and Slalom Race Empty Longboard Larry Longboard Clinic and Slalom Race

Post  boarder's mom Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:44 pm

Longboard Larry Longboard Clinic:
Saturday Oct. 18th
Sliding/safety clinic @ bush park soap box derby track noon.
Come out and learn to footbrake and power slide. (or better yet, help teach others - Billy!)
Also demos in standing slides, drifting and technical sliding.
Learn the basics in longboarding and safe riding.

Slalom Barbeque and Acorns:
Sunday, October 19, 2008 09:17, Bush Park Soap Box Derby Hill
(hopefully the timer will work this time)

boarder's mom

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=668712960&ref=profile#/ho

Back to top Go down

Longboard Larry Longboard Clinic and Slalom Race Empty Re: Longboard Larry Longboard Clinic and Slalom Race

Post  billy_the_kid Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:20 pm

so who went to the slide clinic? i would have liked to have helped but my girlfriend was in town from canada.

billy_the_kid

Back to top Go down

Longboard Larry Longboard Clinic and Slalom Race Empty Re: Longboard Larry Longboard Clinic and Slalom Race

Post  boarder's mom Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:58 am

Corey was teaching, Larry was overseeing, I didn't really recognize anyone else. Seemed like a lot of kids that hang out at Larry's shop - they were into dancing and couple of them were trying to figure out how to hinge two boards together so they could go down the hill tandem. I don't think they meant one on each board either. It was all a lot of fun till a big 6 or so man crash. Addison got caught in it, jumped over someone and tried to run it out at 35 mph or so - didn't work. I'm still laughing at the irony that a safety clinic was the first time I've broken out my longboard first aid kit, but we did have a lot of fun. He spent the next few days on crutches but he's fine now.

boarder's mom

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=668712960&ref=profile#/ho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down