PDX Downhill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

the SHOOG' SHOWDOWN (double race weekend!) Dec. 6th

+2
Leviathan
Anti-Trend
6 posters

Go down

the SHOOG' SHOWDOWN (double race weekend!) Dec. 6th Empty the SHOOG' SHOWDOWN (double race weekend!) Dec. 6th

Post  Anti-Trend Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:19 am

It's for real this time.

the SHOOG' SHOWDOWN (double race weekend!) Dec. 6th 1226639046

DOUBLE RACE WEEKEND!

Saturday Dec 6th, 2008

(I re-scheduled this to the same weekend as the switchbacks race because LBL wants to do his swamp race on the 14th, the day I was originally planning. So, I thought might as well make the winter 10x better with a double race weekend!)

Show up 9 a.m. (preferably a little earlier too) and meet in the Washougal High School student parking lot, we'll do registration and head to the hill around 9:30. If it's wet, we'll do Vernon Road in Washougal, if dry, we'll do Skye Road.

$5 Entry, Cash for podium.

..and make sure to come to the Switchbacks Slippery Slowfest the day after on Sunday, the 7th:
https://pdxdownhill.darkbb.com/races-and-events-f7/switchbacks-slippery-slowfest-race-t229.htm

Last edited by Anti-Trend on Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Anti-Trend
Anti-Trend

Back to top Go down

the SHOOG' SHOWDOWN (double race weekend!) Dec. 6th Empty Re: the SHOOG' SHOWDOWN (double race weekend!) Dec. 6th

Post  Leviathan Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:35 am

Sick!
Leviathan
Leviathan

Back to top Go down

the SHOOG' SHOWDOWN (double race weekend!) Dec. 6th Empty Re: the SHOOG' SHOWDOWN (double race weekend!) Dec. 6th

Post  Jay Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:20 pm

cant make it saturday, working.
see you all at the switchery slipfest.

Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  billy_the_kid Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:38 am

what is skye road like?

billy_the_kid

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti-Trend Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:45 am

around 2 1/2 miles, it has sweepers and straights, full tuck... actually its a lot like Vernon but the pavement isn't as buttery.

...I'm leaning towards Vernon though altogether, Skye Road doesn't have really any good areas on the side for non-racing racers, cars, etc. to sit. Vernon does, things will go a lot smoother on it anyway. It's gonne be sick, a lot of the Seattle-ites seem to be stoked and are gonna come down for both races this upcoming weekend.
Anti-Trend
Anti-Trend

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti-Trend Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:51 am

After sessions for sure.. but where?

the SHOOG SWITCHBACKS! haha, three turns of driftyness.

the SHOOG' SHOWDOWN (double race weekend!) Dec. 6th 1228179827

..but there is plenty of good hills around that I'd like to show you guys too.
Anti-Trend
Anti-Trend

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:54 am

Sick! Aftersessions are definitely only going to work at sessionable spots where you can just hike up and skate. Trying to shuttle and organize a bunch of dudes to bomb real hills would be madness and we'd probably get kicked out before we got many runs in. That looks perfect!
Leviathan
Leviathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti-Trend Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm

DIRECTIONS !!!

It doesn't matter which hwy you're coming up or down from, on 1-205 when you come close to the washington oregon border start looking for signs for camas/hwy 14 east and follow those to get onto 14 and start heading east. Heading north on 205 the exit for camas is right after you get off the Glenn Jackson bridge (crossing the columbia into washington), stay in the left lane of the exit and it'll swoop you onto 14. I-5 is the same thing coming from the south heading north into washington the camas/14hwy exit is right after the steel bridge and take a left onto the exit onto 14, stay right. Once you get onto 14 you'll head down it for about 15 miles if you are coming from 1-5 and about 10 if coming from 205. You'll pass the Camas paper mill (you can smell it, haha) and a couple other things like a ford dealership and some other stuff and that means you're close. You'll turn off of 14 onto 32nd street in Washougal (take a left), it'll be right after an industrial wood place. You'll cross the train tracks and take the immediate right after them onto evergreen blvd (d st., it changes into evergreen in like 15 feet). Go down evergreen past the safeway and you'll come up on the firestation and you'll see a wooden sign that says Washougal High School with a panther on it. Take that left and follow the paw printed road to the high school student parking lot. You'll see it, I'll be parked under the sign. YOU'RE THERE! The school is about 5 min away from the hill but its far easier for people to find and for registration, then we'll all carpool (to minimize attention) out to the hill and RACE!
Anti-Trend
Anti-Trend

Back to top Go down

Post  billy_the_kid Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:06 pm

looks like it might be dry....

billy_the_kid

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilder Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:20 am

STOKED!
Wilder
Wilder

http://www.northwestlongboarding.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti-Trend Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:24 am

Ok, so there seems to be some confusion for some people.. I'll clarify.
we are meeting at WASHOUGAL HIGH SCHOOL, 1201 39th St
Washougal, WA 98671.

..in the student parking lot, I'll be parked under the big sign that says "Panthers".

9:00 A.M. (or a little earlier please)

..this is 5 min away from the hill, we'll carpool out so there is less cars parked and less attention attracted. Afterwards, we'll go to my house, which is like a minute away from the school and we'll do awards and hand out trophies and money to the winners, there'll be hot chocolate and coffee and donuts.. and some leftover PBR thats been sitting in our fridge for 3 months, haha. SEE YOU ALL SATURDAY! stoke!
Anti-Trend
Anti-Trend

Back to top Go down

Post  gnaRSORE Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:54 am

what's a "Panther?"
gnaRSORE
gnaRSORE

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti-Trend Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:22 pm

Its a rare animal thats indigenous to washougal.
Anti-Trend
Anti-Trend

Back to top Go down

Post  billy_the_kid Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:55 pm

panthers come from japanther creek.

billy_the_kid

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti-Trend Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:53 am

chance of patchy fog in the morning, maybe bring your blinky red lights.
Anti-Trend
Anti-Trend

Back to top Go down

Post  billy_the_kid Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:44 am

thanks for putting on the race nick! good mix of hills. too bad the cops were on us like white on rice.

billy_the_kid

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti-Trend Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:25 am

thanks billy.

I'd like to say THANK YOU! to everyone who showed up. 33 racers showing up was definately not expected but I was stoked to see everyone excited to skate Vernon. The cops showed up twice and things got a little hectic but it seemed even though with the changing of plans and switching of hills people still had a decent time. Finals were funny because we skated that small newly paved route by my house. Hope everyone enjoyed the donuts, beer, and trophies (buffalo and billy). I was excited to see the amount of Seattle-ites that showed up and people discovering the hill potential out in clark county. I plan to do a race again but definately not on vernon, maybe one in the spring.. I wanna plan some routes through newly paved neighborhoods. They'd be slower (around 30's), it would be a draft train race, whoever could stay in a draft, be bumped, make a train etc. could exceed their chances of winning and would make close battles to the end. Plus, it would have no chance of being shut down because those routes are skated all the time, .....

...anyways, THANKS FOR THE GOOD TURNOUT AND SUPPORT!
Anti-Trend
Anti-Trend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down