PDX Downhill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

Paskapoo DH Rodeo 2010 CANCELLED!!!!

3 posters

Go down

Paskapoo DH Rodeo 2010 CANCELLED!!!! Empty Paskapoo DH Rodeo 2010 CANCELLED!!!!

Post  Hovey Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:09 pm

Way bummed.... just read this on the site at www.paskapoodh.com

Dear Longboarding Community,

Over the past four years the Speedboard and Longboard Association of Calgary has fought very hard to try to keep the Paskapoo Downhill Rodeo Alive. We have gone tens of thousands of dollars into debt, clawed our way out of it with your support, and overcome various political barriers along the way. Without the amazing support the longboarding community has given us none of our events would have been possible.

Our 2009 event was by far the most successful Rodeo. It was a riders and organizers dream with tonnes of freeriding, jumbotrons, and a race that couldn't have gone much smoother from an organizational standpoint. I wish that we could build on our success in 2009 and deliver an even better event in 2010, however it is with the deepest regret that I am announcing there will be no 2010 Paskapoo Downhill Rodeo at Canada Olympic park.

The owner-operator of the venue Canada Olympic park, Winsport Canada, has chosen to challenge our ownership rights to the event, attempt to push our organization away from all aspects of the event and steer it in a direction that is not in line with our beliefs. It has been a very challenging process in deciding our course of action, and I assure you all that we have considered every option and attempted to negotiate with Winsport Canada to find a solution to our disagreements.

We are working hard to secure new venues for two new small races, one in Calgary and one outside of Calgary for the summer of 2010. Once again I will ask for the communities support, both from riders and sponsors, for our new races. They will not be as large scale or grand as the Paskapoo Downhill Rodeo Was. Our organization can not afford to take any large financial risks going into this next race season.

Winsport Canada has attempted to bully us away from our own event. There is a chance they will attempt to hold a race independent of the longboarding community. I assure you our sport is better off without their involvement. I am asking you to show your support of our organization by boycotting any longboarding event held by Winsport Canada.

After four years of fighting with everything we have to keep the rodeo alive, we just cant do it anymore. For more information, or answers to any questions you may have please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours, Aaron Christensen
  Race Director Paskapoo Dh Rodeo
  Co-Chair SLAC
  aaron@paskapoodh.com
  PH: 403-826-1616
Hovey
Hovey

http://www.erichovey.com

Back to top Go down

Paskapoo DH Rodeo 2010 CANCELLED!!!! Empty Re: Paskapoo DH Rodeo 2010 CANCELLED!!!!

Post  wooden Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:58 pm

I was really looking forward to a SullyPooHead trip and some chairlifts! Damn you, Winsport Canada!
wooden
wooden

Back to top Go down

Paskapoo DH Rodeo 2010 CANCELLED!!!! Empty Re: Paskapoo DH Rodeo 2010 CANCELLED!!!!

Post  billy_the_kid Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:16 pm

It is pretty bunk that the race isn't happening this year. Those guys have been fighting an uphill battle to keep the rodeo going. Winsport must have made things really hard for them.

Sounds like they are going to have some other local events around the same time. Good to know there will be other events in Cowtown.

billy_the_kid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down