PDX Downhill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

FREERIDE Slopestyle Events!! Save the dates...

+7
gnaRSORE
billy_the_kid
boarder's mom
wooden
Mr. Tadashi
Leviathan
mitcheld
11 posters

Go down

FREERIDE Slopestyle Events!! Save the dates... Empty FREERIDE Slopestyle Events!! Save the dates...

Post  mitcheld Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:28 pm

I've been wanting to do events for a while. I think it combines the best things about skateboarding. Pure fun, lots of gnar skating, HUGE stoke, and no waiting around...hehe. The plan is to have at least 4 events, one every 3 months. But if possible to extend from salem, to Portland, and SEATTLE. More events that bring the northwest together. The events are scheduled on a Saturday, so that if weather or other circumstances suggest they happen on the next day, Sunday is still available. So here are the dates...

-January 23rd (or 24th)
-April 17th (or 18th)
-July 10th (or 11th)
-October 9th (or 10th)
Details to come of course.

Get excited. Ride all kinds of board. Get crazy. Cause when the times comes you better bring it.

Tis gonna be rad. Merry christmas
David

mitcheld

Back to top Go down

FREERIDE Slopestyle Events!! Save the dates... Empty Re: FREERIDE Slopestyle Events!! Save the dates...

Post  Leviathan Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:05 am

That sounds awesome David! legit closed roads? Outlaw? Corner sessions or whole runs?
Leviathan
Leviathan

Back to top Go down

FREERIDE Slopestyle Events!! Save the dates... Empty Re: FREERIDE Slopestyle Events!! Save the dates...

Post  Mr. Tadashi Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:05 am

Sounds sick.
Mr. Tadashi
Mr. Tadashi

Back to top Go down

Post  wooden Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:18 am

keep us informed, and when you've got a set date, time, and place, email me @ chip_wood@comcast.net and I'll put that ish on the front page of NWLB, get as many Seattlites there as possible.
wooden
wooden

Back to top Go down

Post  boarder's mom Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:52 am

Sounds good, keep us posted. And Casey, have you put the CDC on the calendar yet for 2010? Aug. 27th through 29th.

boarder's mom

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=668712960&ref=profile#/ho

Back to top Go down

Post  mitcheld Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:14 am

CALLING SEATTLE, PORTLAND, SALEM, CORVALLIS, OLYMPIA, CALI, CANADA AND THE WORLD!!!!
Alright here's the deal.
-Meet 11am. - Sat, Januar 23rd (sunday if sat is rain) - Salem, Oregon - Meet at Derby hill, Bush park

-$5 to enter

-Bring or eat your lunch ahead of time. AT THE LATEST, after practice we will start the first spot by 12 NOON. Give or take 15min practice, 45 min session each spot. 3-4 spots??

-We will meet and carpool to the spots. Most (maybe all) will be in west salem.

-Format: similar to other slopestyle events put on like this in canada and cali. We skate different spots. Some long, some fast, some turny. You skate, you walk back up, and you watch. You have fun (required). At the end of the day, you get 3 votes. Vote for style, consistency, difficulty, whatever else you make up. Top 3 win...money probably haha. Maybe prizes for best "trick", longest slide (standup), worst crash, etc...

David Mitchell

mitcheld

Back to top Go down

Post  billy_the_kid Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:55 pm

I'm going to go for the longest slide or the worst crash!

billy_the_kid

Back to top Go down

Post  gnaRSORE Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:15 am

im going for the worst slide or longest crash
gnaRSORE
gnaRSORE

Back to top Go down

Post  mitcheld Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:31 am

hahahahaha....funny. maybe get your entry fee back

mitcheld

Back to top Go down

Post  mitcheld Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:20 am

Everyone please keep spreading it out there. The recent 80 person Northwest event proves the interest in the sport. Please live up to our local potential! We're trying to get a lot of sponsorship for the event. Plus it's just raw fun and entertainment!! Poster to come soon.

David Mitchell

mitcheld

Back to top Go down

Post  mitcheld Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:35 am

haha, good work eric. Looks like it might be rainy but don't count the event out!! The days changed around as far as rain and sun so it could happen again. Also every day more and more companies are responding to sponsor. A lot of gear will go around for sure. Who's comin?? Spread the word!!

David

mitcheld

Back to top Go down

Post  Hovey Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:57 pm

FREERIDE Slopestyle Events!! Save the dates... 22452_261555449821_503369821_3326389_7596785_n

Last edited by Hovey on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hovey
Hovey

http://www.erichovey.com

Back to top Go down

Post  James Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:39 pm

anyone from portland have any room in their car for me??
James
James

Back to top Go down

Post  Hovey Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:23 pm

Hey James, I've got one spot left if you wanna hop in? I've got myself, Chip, Robin and you going...that cool?
Hovey
Hovey

Back to top Go down

Post  Tongue Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:59 am

Anyone else have room? I can pitch in for gas.
Tongue
Tongue

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Tadashi Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:55 am

Tongue wrote:Anyone else have room? I can pitch in for gas.

I got room in my car.
Mr. Tadashi
Mr. Tadashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tongue Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:46 am

cool!
Tongue
Tongue

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:54 am

EDIT: just kidding!
Leviathan
Leviathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Tongue Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:39 am

ah I missed it Sad
Tongue
Tongue

Back to top Go down

Post  Hovey Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:03 pm

Alex, Tim said he could give you and Aidian a ride.
Hovey
Hovey

Back to top Go down

Post  slobs Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:57 am

if the weather is good tomorrow were going out to finalize the hills, pretty stoked

slobs

Back to top Go down

Post  mitcheld Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:28 am

NW Slopestyle Series #1: Salem, Oregon

Video: http://vimeo.com/8953369?hd=1

Pics: sorry only facebook so far. https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/album.php?aid=141570&id=503369821&ref=nf

More video and pics to come...check out northwestlongboarding for sure.

On January 23rd, 2010, the first event in the first NW Slopestyle came together with over 40 competitors. A week to days before, the weather bounced back and forth between rain and awesome sun. We lucked out. Saturday morning against the prediction, clear blue skies were showing and the wet from the day before was drying out. With the doubt of dry skating, most likely many riders canceled the trek coming from anywhere too far. Still, Mike benda and Graeme Badner came the farthest, traveling from Vancouver, BC. Guys from Washington and Oregon came from all around.

1st - Graeme Badner
2nd - Jed Johnson
3rd - Mike Benda

Graeme Badner. This guy was rippin in up, and totally here for just the fun. He just wanted to gnarskate, landing 180 early grabs, crazy canadian shwiggles, VERY fast tricks, and a good attitude. This is why he was voted FIRST PLACE, receiving Fireball wheels to shred, and an unknown amount of cash.

Jed Johnson. I missed a lot of his skating but he's a local shredder in my own home town. He brings a different feel to the freeride style. 180 slides off the curb, shove its and big spins, and nicely styles low standies. Jed was a favorite enough to receive a SECOND PLACE voting, Fireball wheels and cash.

Mike Benda. What do we say about him. Innovator of a lot about the sport. Definitely a rider i looked for in videos when I had nobody to skate with in lil keizer, Oregon. He was going soooo fast and trying stuff nobody else was. But ya know, when you skate hard you fall hard. Benda sat out for a bit trying a back flip wiggle or something I'm sure. Still, a well deserved podium, THIRD PLACE, Fireball wheels, and cash...thanks so much for comin down Mike!!

David James and Billy Meiners were the unofficial distance early grab winners...they tied. One jump, 83 feet. Couple young shredders, up and comers, able and ricky and more. Youngest rider was 11, christian i think. All of these riders received their entry back or some sort of prize...lots of goofy awards.

A great thanks to the first sponsors, and many more are on board for the next events. SUPPORT THESE BOARD COMPANIES!!! They are the ones suppoprting you in there events...there are many board companies, but choose these. Thank you Rayne, Landyachtz, Orangatang, Fireball Wheels for their great donations of wheels, longboards, gloves and shirts makking up the most of swag. Thank you local board companies Eastside Longboards and LongBoardLarry for board donations. Also thank you local board shops, Uprise Skate and Rip City Skate. Thanks to Paris, Comet, and Timeship for agreement to sponsor future events. Thanks PDX Downhill, Northwest longboarding, and Coast Longboarding. They are the best sponsors.

Sorry if i missed anything!!

Thanks for all the fun!
David Mitchell

mitcheld

Back to top Go down

Post  billy_the_kid Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:00 pm

Thanks for putting that together David! I haven't had that much fun skating in a while. Looking forward to the next slopestyle in Portland.

billy_the_kid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down