PDX Downhill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

Coleman Pendy's

3 posters

Go down

Coleman Pendy's Empty Coleman Pendy's

Post  longboard4life14 Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:07 am

I watch almost everyone I longboard with do them, and it bugs the hell out of me that I can't. Mad I can toeside pendy just fine but everytime I throw down a coleman i juat end up riding switch! I can ride switch fine when I'm going slow but if I do a coleman going 40 I dont want to just 180 and be rifing switch. I think my form is good but Im not sure. I usually lay my left leg down on the board (I ride goofy) and keep my right leg straight up and then i initiate the slide. Can someone tell me what im doing wrong? Any help would be great! Very Happy
longboard4life14
longboard4life14

Back to top Go down

Coleman Pendy's Empty Re: Coleman Pendy's

Post  timJohnson Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:31 pm

do what feels natural while sliding at first. (as long as you're not stinkbugging!) i used to have that same problem, what i did was learned to do the switch 180 slide that i needed to bring back the pendy with. after that, i just kept trying to pendulum over and over again. i found it alot easier to pendy in the rain when i first started. the key is to keep trying every time you skate and experiment with just pulling small drifts and coming out of them (i suggest learning to pendy before taking drifty corners) don't forget to pad up and wear a helmet cause you're gonna take a fall or two.
be persistant!
-Tim
timJohnson
timJohnson

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:40 pm

Try to not whip your shoulders too much when you get into it, and if you're not going fast enough you won't be able to shred back out of the first 180, that's when you end up going switch. Ideally you want to shred the first 180 with mostly just your hips, then when your back wheel swings past 90 degrees, start shifting all your weight onto what WAS your back foot, which is now leading, and mimic the same weight and pressure distribution that you used to do the first 180, switch. If you're going fast enough it will whip right back around. It really is easier the faster you go.
Leviathan
Leviathan

Back to top Go down

Post  longboard4life14 Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:05 am

Thanks for the advice! I'm pretty sure I Have it down! But I'm just gonna keep preacticing!
longboard4life14
longboard4life14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum