PDX Downhill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

Skate Vlog

4 posters

Go down

Skate Vlog Empty Skate Vlog

Post  Wilder Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:28 pm

I'm gonna try and bring my new camera to every session and make a short film for each one, making sort of a skateboard journal.

Here's the first three.

Skate Vlog #1, 3/14/09: Rainy day fun (and carnage) from Shane Donogh on Vimeo.

Since I got a new camera, I've decided to start filming every skate session and keep somewhat of a "skate journal". So here's the first installment.

Kyle and me go fast in the rain, scope out a new hill, then meet Elijah, Alan, Jordan, and Miles for some corner sessions.

Skate Vlog #2, 3/16/09: Gettin' muddy. from Shane Donogh on Vimeo.

Not quite skateboarding, but boarding related and just as fun/punishing.

My friends Nate, Steve, and Jeff had recently built some jumps for their dirtbikes, and naturally I was thinking about mountainbiarding with them. I used to be really into mountainboarding before I started longboarding more, and figured it would come back to me quickly. It didn't. Although I landed the small jump both times, I had some trouble with the downhill section. Now I remember how unforgiving MTB'n is, but I plan on doing more and getting good at it again. Def' gotta set those jumps up at different spots and working on some style again.

The video end's with a couple dirtbike jumps on the bigger ramps that were built. Good times.

Skate Vlog #3, 3/19/09: Loneboarding from Shane Donogh on Vimeo.

One new spot and one old. There's something thereputic about skating, sliding, slipping and falling in the wet spring weather by your lonesome.
Wilder
Wilder

http://www.northwestlongboarding.com

Back to top Go down

Skate Vlog Empty Re: Skate Vlog

Post  John B Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:20 am

50mph in the rain is crazy fast! i also like the slip in the 3ed vid, that was funny.
John B
John B

Back to top Go down

Post  Revolutionist Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:43 pm

Good work Shane. Apparently the rain hasn't stopped you from getting out and riding. It is awesome to hear that you picked up your own video camera. I look forward to seeing more video from Seattle.
Revolutionist
Revolutionist

Back to top Go down

Post  billy_the_kid Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:40 am

i finally got around to watching all the vlogs and they are pretty bitchin. i definitely have not been skating much this winter. good to see people are still out shredding it up.

billy_the_kid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down