PDX Downhill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

Big ups to the Berkly Boys

5 posters

Go down

Big ups to the Berkly Boys Empty Big ups to the Berkly Boys

Post  Danimal Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:40 pm

On last thurs I found myself in Berkly california, nothing to do and nowhere to go. I had to stay in the bay area to catch a plane but Frisco was proving to be much too exspensive. Also needing to do some downhill I decided to call on the skating brethren of Cali. I sent a text out and Patrick Rizzo called me back excited to have someone to skate with. He has no job at the time and just spends his days doing stand up slides in the Berkly hills. We met up with Cliff Coleman to skate Clarmont and he had nothing but praise for Portland. He spoke of being impressed by the skaters we had coming out of there. He also told me the story of "one of the nicest things anyone has done for him" When he was in the hospital with a dislocated shoulder he wasn't getting any attention because of problem with insurence. J.P. ends up in the next bed with a shoulder popped out. When they came to help J.P. he told them Cliff had been there longer and sent them to help him first. Now on Tue. I'm still at Risso's House. I've been sleeping in the back yard. We've gone skating and searching for free food every day. This has saved me allot of money and got me some much needed downhill. Yesterday I went skating with Patrick, Noah, and J.M.(sector nine team) and it was a blast. These are some amazing skaters with allot of amazing hills. Patrick also has some crazy new ideas about where this sport can go. Like skating bare rock on mountains... Look for these guys to put out another video, It will be sick. Between Parties, Food Not Bombs, good skating, and pilfering the lush fruit trees of Berkly I've had an amazing time here and have felt very welcome. I might also mention that none of these people knew me before I showed up at there doorstep.
Cliff Coleman would like to invite Portland skaters to his birthday party nov. 22, 2009. It will involve epic skating all over the Berkly hills. Look for more on this in the upcoming year.
Keep taken er easy Portland and work on your stand ups.
Love,
Danimal

Danimal

Back to top Go down

Big ups to the Berkly Boys Empty Re: Big ups to the Berkly Boys

Post  Jay Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:10 pm

i am one Jack Kerouac book away from doing that shit myself.

Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  cskate Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:57 pm

Ha-ha, everytime I read On the Road I'm ready to pack a bag and hop a train. You got to skate with Noah Salesnik Dan? That's awesome.

cskate

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:15 am

HAhaha, fuck yeah Dan, I am stoked that worked out, I told you them Berkley boys know how to roll! Chris, he's talking about Noah Sakamonalisa.
Leviathan
Leviathan

Back to top Go down

Post  billy_the_kid Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:54 am

actually danimal is talking about noah pandamota. glad to hear you had some fun in berkeley. they are a good group of guys.

billy_the_kid

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:07 pm

and probably one of the funnest guys, rizzo.

Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down