PDX Downhill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

Battle for Sound South & Drop: My Life Downhill premier.

+4
billy_the_kid
Hueyphoto
pkupe
Monty
8 posters

Go down

Battle for Sound South & Drop: My Life Downhill premier. Empty Battle for Sound South & Drop: My Life Downhill premier.

Post  Monty Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:44 am

Hey guys, I'm trying to setup a premier of Drop: My life downhill in Olympia. Olympia has a theater designated to showing alternative films! But before the premier, we will have a an Outlaw race nearby. So we will have an action packed day.
I looking towards March 20th or 21st. Just wanted to get this out, so keep your calenders clear.

more info to come later.

Monty

Back to top Go down

Battle for Sound South & Drop: My Life Downhill premier. Empty Re: Battle for Sound South & Drop: My Life Downhill premier.

Post  Monty Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:31 pm

Update: The Organization is going smoothly for the premier of Drop: My Life downhill. I am currently introducing myself to potential sponsors. I have 2 aboard and I'm looking for much more. I will be emailing the local Portland shops and board company's; but if you have a company that might be interested in sponsoring the premier, let me know.

Also The Race is still on for the same day. Flyer and info to come.

Monty

Back to top Go down

Battle for Sound South & Drop: My Life Downhill premier. Empty Re: Battle for Sound South & Drop: My Life Downhill premier.

Post  pkupe Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:17 am

Sounds sick, keep us posted

pkupe

Back to top Go down

Post  Hueyphoto Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:52 am

I would be down to see it like that in Oly. I used to reside there.
Hueyphoto
Hueyphoto

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:00 pm

Update: I have to collect $3500 in order for the Drop: MLDH to be premiered. Also i have no definite screening area now. I am still pushing to get a showing.

I am here to give you some flyers for the outlaw. If you google Hoffman hill blvd, Dupont,wa. Follow the road till the end. Should be a great race,

The Course consists of a Straight Bomb into Sharp Left Corner ( The Curb Comes into the Road), Flattens out, then slowly starts to degrade into a nice toe-side sweeper. I might add in another Corner to make the Sharp left faster. well see.

Battle for Sound South & Drop: My Life Downhill premier. Flyertest2
Battle for Sound South & Drop: My Life Downhill premier. Flyer2test

Monty

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:01 pm

cutoff some of my Poster.

Monty

Back to top Go down

Post  billy_the_kid Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:25 pm

oo00oo... the snake looks like fun!

How are you planning on getting $3500 to premiere the movie? Entry fees from the race or admission at the theater?
If worse comes to worse we can always watch Fellowship of the Bearing again!

billy_the_kid

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:47 pm

billy_the_kid wrote:oo00oo... the snake looks like fun!

How are you planning on getting $3500 to premiere the movie? Entry fees from the race or admission at the theater?
If worse comes to worse we can always watch Fellowship of the Bearing again!

Not sure, Talking to local Sponsors, Also might show it in a Grange. Just take over an entire building. I Might be able to get olympia to pay for some of it as well. The entry fee will go to the winner.

I will be adding to the original course. so The course will reach in the 40's.

I will fix the posters when i'm off work, What if we had a mini event on the snake run? See if you can make it down the first try, wins your entry fee back?

Monty

Back to top Go down

Post  wooden Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:53 am

There's gotta be some more rules than just make it down on your first try... No footbraking for sure.
wooden
wooden

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:39 pm

The Theater is booked! If you want to get your name on the Flyer Let me know on this thread! Keep your calenders open for an EPIC EVENT!

Monty

Back to top Go down

Post  mikenike605 Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:30 pm

I might be able to make this one. its the end of my spring break but hopefully i am heading back sunday
mikenike605
mikenike605

Back to top Go down

Post  Revolutionist Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:00 am

Hey monty send me an email to Jp@RipCitySkate.com about sponsoring your event. I might be able to round up some swag and what not to donate.
Revolutionist
Revolutionist

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:01 am

Emailed. I'm aiming to get all sponsorship Locked down this week. (Its so hard when its such beautiful weather.) Promotion to follow for the next 2 weeks.

I am going to Move the Race up till later in the day, Get some more people from all over the place. If everything goes through with the theater and companies, There will be Smoothies, Pizza, Beer at the premier at 8pm

Monty

Back to top Go down

Post  Tongue Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:11 am

mmm, maybe I should go
Tongue
Tongue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down