PDX Downhill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

1st Corvallis Open Pusher Race

4 posters

Go down

1st Corvallis Open Pusher Race Empty 1st Corvallis Open Pusher Race

Post  MadMike Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:11 am

Come and check out the 1st Corvallis Open Skateboard/Longboard Push Race. This is an outlaw race and helmets are required. It's a now 7.5 mile course starting at Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Park continuing through a covered bridge, across the OSU campus, and finally ending up at the Eric Scott Mckinley skatepark. The race at begins at 11:00 and costs $5.00. The entry fees will be donated to the Benton County Skateboarding Alliance to help build a much needed new pool. Once at the skatepark, kick back to some live local bands playing, a great BBQ, and the friends of BCSA Skate Competition. There will be prizes and possibly a raffle.

1st Corvallis Open Pusher Race Pushercolorflyermod

I know that the PDX #6 is the same day, we kind of got screwed on the date.The BCSA only got the approval permits for their comp last week and we were trying to tie this race together with their comp. As added incentive, (open containers are legal on the OSU campus on game day) for those of age we will be having a surprise beverage themed element during the race.

Last edited by MadMike on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
MadMike
MadMike

Back to top Go down

1st Corvallis Open Pusher Race Empty Re: 1st Corvallis Open Pusher Race

Post  boarder's mom Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:44 am

You can do switchbacks any day, why not do this, then Larry's race, then come back for McGNARLEE!!!

boarder's mom

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=668712960&ref=profile#/ho

Back to top Go down

Post  MadMike Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:33 pm

Just wanted to post an update on the race. We've decided to lengthen the course to 7.5 miles by adding a cool section of bike path through the local hills. Also, we've picked up Ninkasi brewery as a sponsor. Here's a map of the course

Photobucket

Please register on NCDSA if you plan on attending. With a barbecue, a skate comp, and dank beer (for those 21 and older) how you go wrong.
MadMike
MadMike

Back to top Go down

Post  DArkwingduck Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:52 pm

IF the beer is free or extremly cheep i will go to this event instead of switch backs. how many people to you plan on racing?
DArkwingduck
DArkwingduck

Back to top Go down

Post  MadMike Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:37 pm

Anyway this finally works out there will be free beer in route on the pusher. If we get a beergarden the idea is that you pay a donation to the BCSA to get in and then you can drink all you want. If we don't get the beer garden we'll find someway to make it work (Trust me no kegs will go to waste). But, you must be 21 or older to participate in the libations.

We're not sure how many people will show up on raceday. There are a bunch (10 to 20) locals who have said that they'll show up (including some of BCSA shortboard guys). Also, the local roller derby club will have a couple of girls representing. The course is mostly bike path and pretty easy to follow so I'm hoping more people just show up on race day. But it would be great if people would sign up on NCDSA so we have a better idea of what to expect. Don't forget your helmet.

Mike
MadMike
MadMike

Back to top Go down

Post  coast bomber Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:15 am

So this is my first post on this forum, I'm Keith from corvallis. I am unofficialy associated with this event because it is an outlaw race, lol. Anyway, we got an additional 20+ local racers signed up on our facebook event page. This does not include the ??? amount of college kids showing up. However large flyers posted around campus should entice enough to make this a good size event. I've ran the course a few times and it is very enjoyable given the diversity of scenery taken in, as well as the many amazing historic buildings the OSU campus has to offer. This, combined with a now very exciting line of of bands, a BBQ, and a Skate Nontest at the park afterword, should make for a kick ass few hours!

PS I plan on winning the pusher and skate comp on the same board Wink

coast bomber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down